Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Life in the tropics




At school we have this gorgeous pool. I can't express how hard it is to resist the temptation to dive right in after a long, hot day at school. Yes, I have gone swimming in it and no, I have not dunked any of my students in it - not yet any way.

While I am living in a city of over a million, the jungle is never far off. This other picture is taken of the forest that is across the street from my school. Our gardener uses a lawn mower but he also has a machete for the big stuff. This patch of forest is also where I saw a two and a half foor lizard scurry off one afternoon. Right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should dunk the students--oh I wish I could do that with some of mine--ha ha

Anonymous said...

Becky:
I finally got onto your blog..have not seen it for months...excellent...looks like a pro did it...grat experiences for you in the Amazon and life long memories. Well done.
Dad