Friday, January 11, 2008

Back in the good ol' US of A


I came back home to California on December 15th and enjoyed Christmas and New Year's here with the family. It is always strange coming back home, especially from another country. The first two weeks or so I really missed Brazil terribly, and really hated feeling cold all the time. (My blood got really thin down there close to the Equator). Now I am settling in a little better and am beginning to look forward to things here in the USA.

I have applied to Teach for America and have already been accepted to the final interview day, so think kind thoughs about me the first week in February. I will know by the beginning of March if I am accepted and where I'll be placed. So, I probably will be moving away from SLO yet again around June/July.

Until then I am going to start looking for a job, perhaps substitute teaching. I'm exercising, going on dog walks, and doing a lot of work around the house. I know that description makes everyone jealous.

Meagan, my Notre Dame roommate, is coming to visit me next week. Woohoo! I'm not sure what we will be doing, but it will be good times, and I will post pictures.

Best wishes to everyone and happy new year!

2 comments:

Meagan said...

You forgot to say, "my kickass Notre Dame roommate." Just to be clear which one. I wouldn't want to be confused with Kim.

Meagan said...

Can we stop thinking kind thoughts about you now?